Master Method Series #25
GM Bryan Smith is back, teaching the skills that will turn you into a Master of Sacrifice!
Sacrifices are powerful ways to secure the win, but they carry a degree of risk. If you want to smash through your rivals’ resistance and win spectacular games, safe in the knowledge that your sac is sound, this is the course for you.
In 14 hours of lessons, Bryan teaches a new way to look at sacrifices that will open your eyes to exciting, creative possibilities in nearly any position.
Sacrifices on the kingside, queenside, intuitive sacrifices, positional and defensive sacs – it’s all explained clearly and in detail in this masterclass.
You will learn what makes each type of sacrifice work, how to time them and follow them up.
The result: you become a highly trained Master of Sacrifice!
Part 1: The Art of Sacrifice
a) Direct attack:
- Centralization and king position
- Attacking the Sicilian
- Queenside Attack
- Multiple sacrifices
- Sacrifices of Mikhail Tal
- Opening Lines
- Removing the Fianchettoed Bishop
- Sacrifice to Gain Time, Open lines
- Gaining an Outpost
- Long-term intuitive
b) Positional factors
- Color Control
- Positional pawn sacrifice
- Exchange Sacrifice for Solidity
- The Sicilian Exchange Sacrifice
- Line Clearance
- Passed pawns and centralization
- Purely Positional Exchange Sac
- Mobile Passed Pawns
- Connected Passed Pawns
c) More effective forces
- Pawn Sacrifice by Keres
- Turning the Tide
- Pieces against Queen
Part 2: Defending Against the Sacrifice
a) Defense of the king
- Beautiful Defense
- Giving Back the Queen
- Patient Defense
- Defense with the King in the Center
b) The Great Balance – Defense and Counterattack
- Balance of Defense and Counterattack
- Returning Material
- Accept or Decline
- Sacrifice for Defense
- Questions of Material